Tips to Protect Your Bank Card:
- Sign it as soon as you receive it using a ballpoint pen.
- Don't give your card to anyone else, including your friends or family.
- Treat your card as if it were cash. Do not leave it unattended anywhere.
- Remember to retrieve your card whenever you use it to make a purchase or make a transaction at an ATM.
- Destroy your expired card by cutting it into several pieces and disposing of the pieces securely.
- Enroll your Bank of American Fork VISA® debit card for smsGuardian™ activity text alert service.*
To Protect Your PIN:
- Memorize your PIN and keep any record of your PIN separate from your card.
- Never tell anyone your PIN or other codes, including friends, family or merchants.
- Notify us immediately if your PIN mailer has not been received intact, or if any change has taken place without being requested.
- Change your PIN routinely.
- If you select your own PIN, do not select a number that can be easily guessed (such as part of the data imprinted on your card, a previously selected PIN, consecutive numbers, one number repeated or numbers which form a pattern) or that can be easily associated with you, such as your date of birth, telephone number, driver's license number, etc.
- Never use an ATM or merchant point-of-sale system that does not look genuine, has been modified, has a suspicious device attached to it or is operating in a suspicious manner.
- Make sure no one watches you enter your PIN at an ATM or when making a purchase.
- For both your card and personal security, avoid using ATMs in poorly lit areas.
- Whenever possible, try working with businesses you know you can trust, especially when you're giving out your details over the phone or on the Internet.
Report Fraud or Lost/Stolen Cards
Read more about security on our blog.
*Message and Data Rates may apply from your wireless carrier. The anti-fraud alert service is free. To view the Terms and Conditions of this program, please log into the smsGuardian website for information. After initial sign-up to this service, you may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word "STOP" in reply to a Guardian Alert. Visit the smsGuardian website if you wish to unsubscribe entirely from this service after initial sign-up. Please be advised that these alerts do not replace regular personal monitoring of your accounts. If you ever suspect that a transaction may be fraudulent, please contact our Call Center immediately at 1-800-815-BANK (2265).
smsGuardian is a trademark of JHA Payment Processing Solutions, Inc.
VISA® is a federally registered trademark of Visa.